deXtreme™: The Next Movement in Post-Stroke Rehabilitation Robotics
How It Works
Unique robotic system applies motoric error enhancement forces in a combined VR environment to restore and rehabilitate motion and dexterity. The enhanced error forces stimulate an adaptive corrective response from the patient, which leads to the regulation of the system until the desired trajectory is accomplished by the patient.
The process shortens upper limb therapy time by up to 50% and patients achieve 100% additional motor improvement compared to traditional physical therapy methods.
Three clinical trials have been completed in Israel and delivered the following results:
- Neurorehabilitation time for stroke patients shortened by up to 30%-50%
- Motoric results improved by the same ratio
A fourth clinical trial is on-going in the Netherlands.
deXtreme™ 3.0 has completed development stages and is market-ready.
BioXtreme singular methodology and technology are globally patent protected.
Singular Rehabilitative Technology for Upper Limb Therapy
The Therapy Environment
- Virtual Reality-based application in 3 dimensions to create fully-cutomized movement exercising scenes
- User-friendly interface for patient and therapist
The Rehabilitation Robot
- Robotic arm equipped engaged to the upper limb with various sensors to measure movement performances
- Motors to enable controlled movements and error enforcement and enhancement in 3 dimensions
- Error enhancement algorithms
The Control and Monitoring System
- Realtime control system for commanding the motors, based on calculated measured data and the error enhancement algorithm outcomes
- Therapy programming and results presentation
eXtreme™ System Ensures Seamless and Impactful Treatment Sessions
- Quick and convenient transition between the system seat and wheelchair
- Minimal transition between right-side and left-side practices
- Convenient grip of the robot arm and patient’s palm
- Enhanced access for more-limited patients, such as anti-gravitational force and armrest
- Robotic system is easily movable between treatment rooms
Dynamic and Responsive Post-Stroke Rehabilitation
- Automatic adjustment of treatment and therapeutic parameters
- Automatic adjustment of patient practice ranges based on patient ability and dimensions
- Immediate feedback on success and progress, for patient and therapist alike
- Game-based therapy practices to engage patient and increase motivation